Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ahh, that's better!

I went to Water Moves class tonight for the first time since January and man did that feel GREAT!! The water was warm even! Bliss! It felt so good to get back in the water again. For those of you who don't know, I can't swim at all but, with the flotation belt, I'm able to workout in the deep end with the rest of the big kids *grin* I figured it would take me a while to get comfortable with the water again, after having been out of it for so long but it only took about 5 minutes.

It was just me, the instructor, and one other lady tonight but we got a great workout. I must've really needed the endorphin rush cause I've been in a fantastic mood ever since I crawled out of the pool. I cranked the radio up and sang along all the way home.

I stopped at Wendy's to grab a grilled chicken BLT salad since the kids had already been fed and it was so late. Usually, especially in my town, going to Wendy's (or any other fast food) is a frustrating experience. The order is wrong 10 times of 11 - you really have to remember to check every bit of your order before you leave the driveway. Tonight though, I pulled up to the window and the manager was working the window. The little cashier girl took my card and the manager said "Hi! How're you doing?" And she sounded like she actually cared! It kinda took me aback for a moment - you never get that! And, to cap it all, my order was right, right down to the dressing and croutons. Hells yes! I was so pleased and in such a good mood that when I got home, I ate and then I called the store to tell them that they did a great job and I appreciated it. I figure that they hear "You didn't do this or that" often enough but not "hey, y'all did a great job" anywhere near often enough. So I figured why not. And I'm telling you, you hear feel the relief when I told her that I was pleased with my service and was calling to say thanks instead of complain. :o) And that, in turn, made me feel good all over again.

It's the little things, I suppose :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment