Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I have a new TV love...

Anyone watch the return of SouthLAnd last night? I did and I was blown away!

I've been a fan of Shawn Hatosy for years - ever since I saw him in the faculty. He reminds me a lot of an old boyfriend of mine :-) Anyway, I heard that he was on SouthLAnd (as Detective Sammy Bryant) but that was about the time NBC canceled the show. Just yesterday, I learned that SouthLAnd had been picked up and saved by TNT. Go TNT!!

I love victory stories like that! Apparently the fans rallied and demanded that their show be saved and TNT got the job done. It kinda makes you feel like you CAN make a difference as a fan. I wish someone would do that for Reaper. And Boomtown. And Justice. And a host of other shows that I freaking loved but the idiot networks killed before their time. Yeah, I'm bitter.

Anyway, TNT ran a marathon of SouthLAnd yesterday, leading up to the premiere of season 2 last night at 10:00 EST. I watched the last two episodes of the first season so I'd know what was going on in this season and I was blown away!

The show seriously picked up right where the previous season left off. I was really impressed with the story and the interaction between the characters. And man was that an exciting episode!

I have a new Tuesday night fixation! If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's probably available online somewhere - go, watch, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. There are just too many good shows on rn! I'll have to check this out on DVD this summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really are a lot of great shows on right now! I've got the DVDs for the first season coming so I can catch what I missed. It's a fantastic cop drama though and the cast is superb! You'll love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete