Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My name is Jack Bauer and this is the longest day of my life...

In case you didn't catch it, today's post will be about Jack Bauer and the season of 24 that I'm currently watching, Day 4. If you're behind like me, there will be spoilers so walk away now. Otherwise, proceed as you wish.

Yeah, I know - I'm way behind on the happenings in Jack's life but I got into the show very late. And then I had to catch up on Supernatural (got into it late too) and well, these things happen. I had the opportunity a few years ago to pick up a box set of the seasons of 24 at an excellent price and I didn't do it. I so wish I had now because it is a fantastic show! My oldest son and I watch the show together - he likes it as much as I do. It's our Sunday afternoon tradition. I'm perilously close to falling head over heels in love with Jack Bauer - he is the man! He can do anything, take anything, foil any terrorist plot. *swoon* And he's hot ;o)

We just finished disc 5 of day 4 so there's only 4 episodes left for us to watch. This season is great fun for me because Arnold Vosloo is in this season. He plays the bad guy, Habib Marwan. I've loved Vosloo ever since the first time I saw him in The Mummy. I'm also enjoying this season because, so far, Kim Bauer has not been seen. This gives me a happy - can't stand Kim.

There are a lot of great characters in this season of 24. I'm happy to see Tony Almeida back at CTU - he's been a favorite of mine for a while. I'm kinda on the fence about Michelle Dessler though - I'm waiting to make up my mind. Better do it fast, huh? Chloe is one of the characters that I really do like but I'm damned if I know why. She has no people-skills to speak of: she's very blunt, almost to the point of rudeness. Actually, she is rude at times. But I can't help but like her - it's weird. I'm happy to see President Palmer back. I like his character a lot! :o)

I do not like Vice President-turned-President Logan at all. He's too weak to be the president - I was not impressed that his first action of the presidency was to take cover in the bunker. Can you say pussy? I did. I'm also no fan of Audrey Raines - she's not good enough for Jack. She just doesn't have what it takes to let him do what he needs to do to do his job effectively. He has to make the hard decisions sometimes - she just can't quite cope with that. She needs to go away now.

And I think I just spoiled myself on the end of this season at the 24 wiki page. Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment