Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thinky thoughts...

One of our faculty recently lost his mother and he sent out a message to the faculty and staff so we would know what had happened. Several people described his mother as a "gentle lady." That started me thinking which, if you know me at all, you know that that's not necessarily a good thing.

No one will ever refer to me as a "gentle lady." I have been likened to a bazooka before, and that was my best friend telling me that. It's entirely possible that my epitaph will read "finally that bitch is dead." That actually doesn't bother me - I am who I am and I'm OK with that. It just made me think that no one has ever or will ever refer to me as "gentle."

Another other thing that made me think - my student worker is debating changing her major. She wants to work in hospitality - she thinks she'll enjoy planning and decorating and things like that. I think she's right - you should've seen the way her face lit up when she was talking about it.

Then we started talking about decorating and it occurred to me that I am just not a girl who gives a damn about decorating. At all. I could not care less if my furniture makes a statement. I don't have art or photographs on my wall in an effort to make the place look stylish. I have a Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean posted with Mardi Gras beads hanging from the pins in the corners. I have a Jason Statham Bank Job poster too - he has Mardi Gras beads too. I have an autographed photo of Allan Hyde on my wall. That's it. No wait - I have a photo of Indiana Jones and Mutt Williams on my wall too. Gotta love Indy.

I asked J and C if there was something wrong with me since I honestly just couldn't care less about decorating. It's possible that there is but I find it hard to care enough about it to make an effort to change that.

Nothing really majorly life-changing here. Just some thinky-thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your coworker's Mom. Death makes you think about your life.

    ROFL Okay, I hope it's not mean, but that line on the epitath just cracked me up! I don't think anyone could possibly think that of you!! Although if that's what you want written on it, be sure someone knows. :-P

    You're not alone with the girlie decorating gene being missing. I'm lucky if I manage to make my earrings not clash with the shirt I'm wearing. lol And as for house decorating skills, well, mine are non-existent. I put up what I like or love, which doesn't mean it looks good, but I don't care. I like it and that's what matters.

    *hugs* Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I PLEASE decorate your place??? I LOVE to decorate and redecorate...

    ReplyDelete