Monday, March 1, 2010

A few movie reviews - sort of...

I'm trying to do the NaBloPoMo thing for March and thought this would be a good way to fill one day.

This weekend, my brother and I watched Zombieland, Cabin Fever 2, and Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant. There will be spoilers so if you don't want them - leave now.

OK, I assume that everyone who's left is cool with spoilers so here we go...

Zombieland was AWESOME!! Seriously, I loved it a lot. I kinda knew I would though - I've heard nothing but good things about that movie. This one was interesting for me in that I'm usually NOT a fan of Woody Harrelson but his was the only character that I really liked. I thought the two girls needed to be zombie!dinner - I can understand needing to do what you have to to survive but they were little douchebag con artists before Z-land happened. Ugh. And Columbus? Grow a set homeboy. I cannot believe that little shit killed Bill Murray AND the box of Twinkies!!! What the hell?!? *facepalm* I knew it was gonna happen but I so hoped I was wrong. Tallahassee was the man though.

Cabin Fever 2 was a complete waste of film. Ugh and ergh. Seriously, DO NOT waste your time on this movie. The first one was by no means a cinematic masterpiece but it at least had a plot and the grotesqueness was with purpose. The sequel, however, should've been titled Cabin Fever 2: Random Acts of Disgusting. I don't mind blood, gore, brains, whatever but I do insist on a reason for it other than just to try to gross me out.

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant was a fantastic movie! I loved it! I haven't read any of the books so I went into it with a clean slate - no expectations. I really enjoyed the opening sequence. I'm not a huge fan of John C. Reilly but I thought he was excellent as Crepsley. I do like Josh Hutcherson though - I've seen him in a couple of other films that I liked (Zathura and RV) and I'm interested to see what roles he gets as he gets older. The guy who played Marlaugh (Ray Stevenson) was also the Punisher - watch Rhi fangirl flail over that. I LOVE the Punisher :o) I really dug Mr. Tiny's car - that was a sweet ride for sure! The freaks were awesome - Salma Hayek as the bearded lady rocks; Evra the Snake Boy was very cool - I really loved the makeup they used for him; Willem Dafoe - Holy Shit!!! Love them all! And is has to be said: Octa is the ONLY spider that I have ever liked in a movie, tv series, or real life. Ordinarily spiders scare the hell out of me and I say squash them first, ask questions later. Maybe because she was all red and blue and kinda reminded me of Spider Man? I'm not a Spidey fan but that might be it. Whatever the reason, I thought she was really cool :o)

What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment