Friday, March 5, 2010

In honor of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland opening...

[I decided to do a "Down the Rabbit Hole post". The concept is this: January 27th is the birthday of Lewis Carrol, author of ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND. Alice fell down a rabbit hole into a place where everything had changed and none of the rules could be counted on to apply anymore. I say, let's do the same: January 27th, 2005 should be the First Annual LiveJournal Rabbit Hole Day. When you post on that Thursday, instead of the normal daily life and work and news and politics, write about the strange new world you have found yourself in for the day, with its strange new life and work and news and politics. Are your pets talking back at you now? Has your child suddenly grown to full adulthood? Does everyone at work think you're someone else now? Did Bush step down from the White House to become a pro-circuit tap-dancer? Did Zoroastrian missionaries show up on your doorstep with literature in 3-D? Have you been placed under house arrest by bizarre insectoid women wielding clubs made of lunchmeat? (courtesy of LJ User "crisper")]
.....................................................

Today is off to a very strange start. It all began with my alarm clock acting crazy. Instead of sounding the usual alarm, it began to sing. I swear to you, I do not have a clock radio but the damn thing started singing a very off-key rendition of "Sober" by P!nk. Yikes. I smacked the snooze button to make it stop and it hit me back. Peachy. So I got to go to work this morning with a cute little mini-bruise right under my eye.

I didn't have to drop the kids at school though. As we were walking out the door, this massive door just fell out of the sky and landed in my driveway. WHOOMP! The door opened and there was this guy in a black suit, very butlerish. He said that his name was Al and he was acting as doorman for the children today. Uh huh. He gave my Batman t-shirt a shifty look - I'm wondering if he was the Alfred. Nah... Couldn't be. Could he? Huh... Anyway, I packed the kids off through the door and Al assured me that he would have them home through the same portal by 3:00. Sweet. No sitting in traffic for me!

Work is going to be fun today. There are terra cotta soldiers playing at valet parking in the parking deck. A bit unnerving at first but damn can they drive! Who knew? I wasn't about to hand off my keys to one of them so I just parked in the lot at the building. But the deck is next door so I was able to watch them for a while. Not one wreck all morning- I'm impressed!

There are goblins playing in the mud room - they're mostly just lobbing chunks of clay at each other and taking turns going for a ride on the pottery wheel. I really hope they don't throw up when they get dizzy. I also hope that they don't discover the kiln - burning goblin is not a smell I want to experience. There are pixies in the air ducts again - HVAC has refused to come over this morning. I suppose they remember being pixed last time and don't want a repeat performance. I can't blame them really.

The telephones are answering themselves and making prank calls. I'm trying to not mind it - after all, it keeps me from having to answer the phone - but if I hear "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" or "Is your refrigerator running?" one more time, I'm going to SCREAM! And unplug the phones. Possibly bash them with a hammer. I haven't decided yet.

The doors of the building are playing musical chairs with each other. The door to the conference room goes to the mud room. The door to the office leads to the third-floor exit.

Oh but the very best is the coffeemaker. It's having an identity crisis and swears that it's a little teapot. It's hilarious! I mean, it could be a little teapot but this office is staffed with coffee-fiends - tea just won't fit the bill.

I know that we're all mad here but this is a bit on the ridiculous side.

.....................................................................
I hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! This is awesome! Mini bruises and mud slinging goblins, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MK - I am so glad you liked it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete