Monday, March 15, 2010

Making friends

Isn't it funny how thoughts progress? One minute I'm thinking about reality tv and the next I'm thinking about making friends.

I started out thinking about the Jersey Shore and wondering why that show is so damn popular with some people. I don't get it, which is ok. I don't have to get it. Something about "The Situation" skeeves me though. *shudder* Anyway, the thought-train progressed to American Idol and making friends.

Years ago, I worked as a receptionist at a surgical office and most of the girls in the office LOVED American Idol. So, in an effort to make friends and have something to talk to them about, I started watching the show and tried so hard to give a damn about it.

I've never cared about this show or the people on it because it seems like such a sham. Very few, if any, of the contestants are actual musicians. I'm not saying that they don't have talent - they do. But I just have a hard time giving a damn if they get a recording contract when so many people who have talent don't have a shot because they don't "look good for the tv". But I watched anyway and went to work the following days and tried to make conversation. Unfortunately, with that bunch nothing I did was going to make any difference. We were never going to be friends, no matter what I did! I didn't belong in that office and we didn't get along from day damn one. I still can't figure out why the office manager hired me. I must've been way more qualified than their other applicant.

So my question to you, if anyone is actually out there reading this - what have you done in an attempt to make friends?

3 comments:

  1. I've always tried to be a good friend. I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to be friends or "make friends" with someone. You either liked me or you don't. I have been kind and given a chance to people who don't deserve it but...nope, can't think of a time I've done something like you did. I'm not that patient. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven?

    ReplyDelete